I did some research today and put together a little infographic about interesting social media and blogging statistics. While I did design this graphic myself, I take no credit for the actual statistics. I found them on two great websites that you should definitely check out if you’d like to learn more:
JeffBullas.com and blog.shareaholic.com.
- Did you know that tweets that contain less than 100 characters receive a 17% higher engagement than a longer tweet?
- People are more likely to engage with social media content that contains:
- Pictures (44%)
- Status Updates (40%)
- Video (37%)
- When visiting a new website, it takes users less than 0.2 seconds to form an impression.
- 61% of U.S. online consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from a blog.
- Of the Interbrand Top 100 brands:
- 40% are on Instagram
- 51% are on Pinterest
- 63% are on Google+
- 94% are on Twitter
- 98% are on Facebook
- 81& of U.S. online consumers trust information and advice from blogs.
- 52% of consumers say they have stopped following a brand on Facebook because the information it posted had become too repetitive and boring.
- B2B companies with blogs generate 67% more leads per month on average than non-blogging firms.
- Pinterest is virtually tied with Twitter (at 3.6%) for the amount of referred social traffic it sends to websites.