If you’re not utilizing some type of email marketing software to advertise your business, you are definitely missing out on a great opportunity. Before I get into one of the top free email marketing programs that you should check out, I wanted to first list a few benefits that email marketing has over traditional print marketing.
1. Unlike print materials, you don’t have to wait for a designer to create your mailer, wait for revisions and allow time for them to be printed.
2. SAVE MONEY. Besides the wait time for traditional marketing materials with email marketing software you can save a ton of money. While of course there are paid options, I’m going to go over some free software that is.. well.. Free!
3. Personalization. I know this sort of sounds like it contracts itself. A lot of the internet is anonymous. But with the software programs I’m about to share with you, you have the option of personalizing each email with the user’s name, without doing any extra work. I don’t know about you but I always pay more attention to emails that say my name than those that don’t.
4. Analytics. This type of information will be invaluable to you. You can check stats on how many times your emails get opened, how many people click through to your shop or website, where the views are coming from etc. When you know how people are interacting with your campaigns, you can tailor them to bring in even more traffic.
5. Forwarding. Forwarding emails is SO easy, literally with one click of a button, your email and message could be spread to thousands if not millions of people. Your email marketing campaign could potentially reach everyone in the initial users inbox.
Okay enough reasons on why you should be utilizing email marketing. I’m sure you’re ready to take a look at what one of these free email marketing software companies can do for you and your business. So here we go!
Mail Chimp is just great. Very user friendly and has an excellent free plan. And for most people, the free subscription is really all you’ll need. If you have less than 2,000 subscribers then you can send up to 12,000 emails every single month at absolutely no cost. Basically how it works is this:
- You’ll build a list. This is where people can enter their email address to subscribe to your emails or newsletters. Gaining subscribers is as easy as embedding a sign up form directly on your website.
- Then you’ll create a template for your emails. You can get really creative here and make it match your branding exactly. This is key to having your customers and readers remember you.
- You can then create your beautiful new email campaign and send out emails to your entire list, or only parts of your list. Break it up however you’d like. There is also an RSS to email option which I personally use along with google feed burner. After to set it up you don’t have to do a thing, whenever you write a new post your account will be notified and it will automatically send the new post to your lovely subscribers.
- Then you can track your results, for free! See who is opening your emails, and how they’re interacting with them. You can’t improve if you don’t know where you stand!
A few more free email marketing software that I haven’t tried but have heard good things about: